NBTS Brain Tumor Clinical Trials Report
New brain tumor-centric clinical trials open around the world all the time, and it can be hard for patients and care-partners to keep track of new opportunities to potentially participate in leading-edge clinical research. This report, generated by the National Brain Tumor Society, provides you with a summary of clinical trials that have begun recruitment since our last quarterly report. Now you can identify new trials that are enrolling volunteers to more effectively evaluate how clinical research fits into your ongoing treatment plan. For a more comprehensive list of ALL open clinical trials, please visit the NBTS Clinical Trial Finder at trials.braintumor.org, where you can search potential opportunities for enrollment based on criteria important and specific, to you.
- Study of the IDO Pathway Inhibitor, Indoximod, and Temozolomide for Pediatric Patients with Progressive Primary Malignant Brain Tumors
- Brief Description: This is a first-in-children phase 1 trial using indoximod, an inhibitor of the immune “checkpoint” pathway indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), in combination with temozolomide to treat pediatric brain tumors.
- LINK: http://bit.ly/2Hf0JZ1
- Proton Craniospinal Irradiation with Bone Sparing to Decrease Growth Decrement from Radiation
- Brief Description: This is a pilot study to determine whether using proton therapy in participants that require craniospinal radiation (whole brain and spinal cord radiation therapy) while sparing the bony spine will work. This is the first-time investigators are examining bone-sparing proton therapy in pediatric craniospinal radiation.
- LINK: http://bit.ly/2Eueky4
- Ferumoxytol MRI in Assessing Response to Pembrolizumab in Patients with Brain Tumors from Melanoma and Glioblastoma
- Brief Description: This pilot phase II trial studies how well ferumoxytol magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) works in assessing response to pembrolizumab in patients with brain tumors from melanoma and glioblastoma.
- LINK: http://bit.ly/2CkYW0L
- Phase II Pediatric Study with Dabrafenib in Combination with Trametinib in Patients With HGG
- Brief Description: The purpose of this study is to investigate the activity of dabrafenib in combination with trametinib in children and adolescent patients with BRAF V600 mutation positive relapsed or refractory high-grade glioma.
- LINK: http://bit.ly/2GemXt1
- Phase I Study of APX005M in Pediatric CNS Tumors
- Brief Description: This phase I trial studies the side effects and best dose of APX005M in treating younger patients with primary malignant central nervous system tumor that is growing, spreading, or getting worse (progressive), or newly diagnosed diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma.
- LINK: http://bit.ly/2EsrnQz
- The Diagnostic Value of 18F-FET PET/MRI for CNS Tumors in Children and Adolescents
- Brief Description: To investigate the value of using 18F-FET PET/MRI, instead of MRI alone, in accurately diagnosing children and adolescents with brain tumors.
- LINK: http://bit.ly/2o1rIz9
- Safety Study of VAL-083 and Radiotherapy in Patients with Newly Diagnosed GBM Having Unmethylated MGMT Expression
- Brief Description: The purpose of this Phase 2, open-label, single-arm study is to determine the safety and the maximal tolerated dose (MTD) of VAL-083 in combination with a standard of care radiation regimen when used to treat newly diagnosed GBM in patients with unmethylated promoter of the methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (uMGMT) gene.
- LINK: http://bit.ly/2szwSHE