National Brain Tumor Society - Public Policy and Advocacy Update
Vol. 4, No. 11
• Giving Thanks for National Brain Tumor Society Advocates
• What's Ahead in Brain Tumor Advocacy
Giving Thanks for National Brain Tumor Society Advocates
As November is a time to celebrate all that we are thankful for, we wanted to express our thanks to all of you. Our National Brain Tumor Society Advocates have worked tirelessly over the past year to make positive change for the brain tumor community. You truly are the most important part of our advocacy program, and we are so grateful for your time and efforts over the past year.
Below are just a few of our 30,000 amazing advocates who have successfully advocated for increased medical research funding, pediatric brain tumor research funding and policy change, and oral chemotherapy parity this year. Thank you!
What's Ahead in Brain Tumor Advocacy
In the coming months, look for updates and opportunities to take action on the following public policy matters:
- Congress will be back in session and will have to complete the appropriations process for the Fiscal Year 2016 budget.
- The United States Senate will be introducing legislation aimed at medical research innovation, similar to the House's 21st Century Cures Act.
- We'll continue to grow support for The Cancer Drug Coverage Parity Act and the Childhood Cancer STAR (Survivorship, Treatment, Access and Research) Act.
- We'll offer training opportunities for advocates to brush up on their knowledge of the legislative process and important advocacy skills.
- Head to the Hill 2016 will take place on May 2 & 3, 2016! Save the date and stay tuned for more information in the coming months.
Thank you again for all your support and advocacy!