This past May 2-3, National Brain Tumor Society and 304 advocates from 39 states and Puerto Rico were in Washington DC for our annual Head to the Hill advocacy event.
This annual event has become a powerful vehicle to ensure the voice of the brain tumor community is being heard on Capitol Hill. Read the recap of our largest lobbying day here.
May 2-3, 2016
Monday, May 2
Georgetown University Hotel & Conference Center
9 AM – 5 PM
Breakfast begins at 8:00 AM
Advocate reception at 6:00 PM
Tuesday, May 3
9 AM – 6 PM
Breakfast begins at 7:00 AM
During this two-day event, you will:
- Learn about key public policy issues facing the brain tumor community
- Speak with congressional leaders to raise awareness of the needs and priorities of the brain tumor community
- Meet other brain tumor advocates from across the United States
- Hear from interesting speakers on the importance of brain tumor advocacy and using your voice for positive change
- Interact with National Brain Tumor Society staff
- Make a difference in the lives of the hundreds of thousands of Americans living with a brain tumor
Your participation in these meetings will help policymakers better understand the critical and urgent needs of this community, and the policies that are vital to ensuring availability of treatments, increased scientific research, and the discovery of a cure.
Additional questions? Contact Advocacy and Public Policy, at email@example.com or 520.762.4544.