National Brain Tumor Society invites you to join us on May 2 – 3 for Head to the Hill 2016, our annual Washington, D.C. – based advocacy event.
This annual event has become a powerful vehicle to ensure the voice of the brain tumor community is being heard on Capitol Hill. We hope you will be able to share this experience with us in 2016!
May 2-3, 2016
Monday, May 2
Georgetown University Hotel & Conference Center
9 AM – 5 PM
Breakfast begins at 8:00 AM
Advocate reception at 6:00 PM
Tuesday, May 3
9 AM – 6 PM
Breakfast begins at 7:00 AM
During this two-day event, you will:
- Learn about key public policy issues facing the brain tumor community
- Speak with congressional leaders to raise awareness of the needs and priorities of the brain tumor community
- Meet other brain tumor advocates from across the United States
- Hear from interesting speakers on the importance of brain tumor advocacy and using your voice for positive change
- Interact with National Brain Tumor Society staff
- Make a difference in the lives of the hundreds of thousands of Americans living with a brain tumor
Your participation in these meetings will help policymakers better understand the critical and urgent needs of this community, and the policies that are vital to ensuring availability of treatments, increased scientific research, and the discovery of a cure.
Additional questions? Contact Advocacy and Public Policy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520.762.4544.