National Brain Tumor Society’s Head to the Hill is scheduled for May 8 & 9, 2017 in Washington, DC.
This annual event has become a powerful vehicle to ensure the voice of the brain tumor community is being heard on Capitol Hill.
Please note, we understand that unforeseeable events can require last minute cancellations, but please be aware that congressional meetings, printed materials, seating for training and buses, and catering are prepared based on registered attendees, and we must cover those costs even in your absence. Please register only if you are confident you can commit to attending Head to the Hill on May 8 & 9, 2017.
After we receive your registration, we will begin the process of setting up your May 9 meetings. Please do not contact the congressional offices directly to set up your meetings.
Each participant must register separately.
Volunteer Agreement and Release
I (“Volunteer”) agree to donate services to the National Brain Tumor Society, Inc. (“NBTS”) and do not expect any benefits or compensation (other than reasonable reimbursement for expenses as set forth below) for these voluntary services. The Volunteer agrees to donate services to NBTS in the capacity of advocate for Head to the Hill 2017.
As a volunteer, you are an important member of NBTS. NBTS values your time and efforts in helping us to build awareness around brain tumor research. NBTS shall assign NBTS Staff to work with the Volunteer, to encourage and support the Volunteer as well as provide assistance working through any successes and problems. If for any reason the Volunteer needs to incur an expense on behalf of NBTS, there will need to be prior approval given by NBTS staff to receive a reimbursement.
In order to confirm the Volunteer’s participation in an NBTS related event, please read the following:
- Volunteer Status: The Volunteer understands that NBTS will not pay for his/her services or cover him/her under any insurance policy. The Volunteer agrees that he/she will not be considered an employee of NBTS while volunteering for NBTS. The Volunteer understands that either party may terminate this Agreement at any time without cause.
- Compliance with Policies: The Volunteer shall follow NBTS’s procedures, policies and standards, including those related to safety, equal opportunity, and attendance. As a representative of NBTS, the Volunteer shall conduct oneself in an appropriate, professional and ethical manner.
Confidentiality: The Volunteer shall not disclose any confidential information regarding NBTS, NBTS’s constituency, employees, and NBTS related third parties. For purposes of this section “confidential information” means any and all information obtained, acquired or developed in the course of the Volunteer’s work with NBTS, and any and all information pertaining to financial status and operations, staff, clients, or other volunteers.
- Conflict of Interest: While serving as a volunteer for NBTS, the Volunteer shall not serve in a leadership role with any organization that has a similar interest, mission or purpose (e.g., another brain tumor foundation or organization).
- Release for Use of Name, Voice and Likeness. The Volunteer hereby grants NBTS and the CERN Foundation the worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, publish, reproduce, display and distribute the Volunteer’s name, likeness, voice and any other identifiable representation of the Volunteer captured by NBTS during the related event in any advertising and promotional materials prepared in furtherance of NBTS’s mission. The Volunteer makes this grant of rights with the understanding that no compensation will be paid to the Volunteer for such grant.
- These materials may appear in any form, style, color or medium whatsoever, including, without limitation, photographs, video recordings, films, sound recordings, software, drawings, prints, broadcast, internet and electronic media, and the Volunteer hereby waives any right to inspect or approve any finished product or any advertising copy that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which it is applied.
- The Volunteer hereby releases and forever discharge NBTS from any and all liability and damages relating to the use of the Volunteer’s name, voice, likeness or any other identifiable representation of the Volunteer in connection herewith.
- The above release for use of name, voice and likeness shall also apply to the CERN foundation for use of any photos or videos captured of the Volunteer during the CERN Foundation Butterfly Release event. All rights granted to NBTS under this section shall apply to the CERN Foundation.
- Protect NBTS’ Goodwill and Reputation. The Volunteer hereby accepts personal responsibility for anything Volunteer communicates in social media, and acknowledges that anything Volunteer publishes might be available to be read by the mass public indefinitely. Volunteer hereby agrees to make it clear in Volunteer’s social media activity that he/she is speaking on his/her own behalf. Volunteer hereby agrees to write in the first person and use his/her personal e-mail address when communicating via social media. If Volunteer discloses his/her affiliation as a volunteer of NBTS, Volunteer agrees to include a disclaimer that Volunteer’s views do not represent those of NBTS. For example, consider such language as “the views in this posting do not represent the views of National Brain Tumor Society.” Volunteer agrees to use good judgment about what he/she posts and understands that anything Volunteer says can reflect on NBTS.
- Release from Liability: The Volunteer agrees that NBTS and their agents, officers and directors shall not be liable for any injury that the Volunteer may incur while volunteering for NBTS, and the Volunteer HEREBY RELEASES AND DISCHARGES NBTS AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS AND THEIR SUCCESSORS FROM ANY AND ALL ACTIONS, CLAIMS, OR DEMANDS THAT THE VOLUNTEER, HIS/HER HEIRS, GUARDIANS, AND LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES NOW HAVE, OR MAY HAVE IN THE FUTURE, FOR INJURY OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THE VOLUNTEER VOLUNTEERING FOR NBTS.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 520 762 4544