Plan Your Own Event
Have a great idea for an event? Almost any fundraiser you can think of can be held to benefit the National Brain Tumor Society. How you choose to fundraiser is limited only by your imagination and ambition – you can plan a bike ride, run, or walk, or hold a golf, bowling, or tennis tournament. You can also hold a dinner, dance, auction, bake sale, or garage sale.
With our online tool for events like yours, fundraising to benefit our programs and to raise awareness is easier than ever. There are a number of ways that we can support you in your efforts to make a difference in the fight against brain tumors, and we are eager to talk with you about your ideas. To get started, or if you have any questions, please contact us at 617-924-9997 or CommunityEvents@braintumor.org.
We know that the experience will be deeply rewarding and we encourage you to connect with as many people as possible to support this incredible cause!
Here are some examples of past fundraising events.
- A college intern with an NBA team arranged to have $5 donated from every ticket her and her colleagues sold.
- An east coast couple asked their wedding guests to bring a donation instead of gifts.
- A couple invited friends to attend a New Year’s Eve party and silent auction.
- A high school student organized a fundraising walk. He encouraged his fellow students, friends, family, and more to organize teams to see who could create the biggest team and which team could raise the most funds.
- Numerous families and groups of friends conduct simple golf tournaments or bowl-a-thons.
- An extended family put on an elaborate dinner party.
- One woman raised money by hosting a brunch.
- Another woman entered a local race and encouraged sponsorships for her efforts.
- Some people simply conduct a letter writing campaign and request that the proceeds go directly to NBTS.
- Many people organized workplace giving campaigns.
Still not sure what to do? Plan a bowling night in your area! Visit the AMF Bowling website. Simply enter your zip code at the bottom of the page to find your local lanes. Fill out the online form and be sure to add “National Brain Tumor Society” as your Organization Name.
Personal Fundraising Pages
Set up your own fundraising page where your participants can donate online.
Already created a fundraising page? Visit your Campaign Center to view or edit your page.