Reports To: Senior Director of Regional Development, East
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: January 2019
Summary: The Assistant Director of Regional Developmentassists the Senior Director of Regional Development in growing the Signature Event program, with an emphasis on volunteer management, event planning, logistics, and administration. This position is not responsible for a personal revenue goal, but rather serves in a support capacity for the many moving parts of the Signature Event program. Please note that this position is based in the greater Philadelphia area.
Supervision Exercised:No supervisory duties required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in position of this class.
- Assists Senior Director in implementing annual fundraising plans and strategies, including: assisting with securing sponsorships and underwriting; retaining volunteers and donors; recruiting new friends and family teams and corporate teams; building, cultivating and supporting event committees; and coordinating and implementing recruitment events, orientations, debrief meetings, Signature Event and cultivation parties.
- Manages internal activities related to the effective execution of signature events, including data and record-keeping, and development of print and web-based resources and materials for event for participants in partnership with MarComms. Ensures that all Signature Event communications are aligned with NBTS branding and messaging.
- Delivers superior customer service and support to constituents during the planning and implementation of fundraising events as requested by the Senior Director.
- Assists in collaborating with MarComms to ensure Development Directors have approved materials by deadline.
- With the Senior Director, collaborates with event committees to execute successful events within budget.
- Manages vendor relationships for events, as directed by Senior Director.
- Works with Accounting and Finance to manage event invoices, payments, deposits (including procuring and tracking necessary event-related licenses), permits, certificates of insurance, site planning and management, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Results-driven professional with a minimum of 1-3 years of successful experience in fundraising, logistics, community organizing and/or event management required.
- The ideal candidate would aspire to advance from a support role to managing their own Signature Events in the future.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter with a “can do” approach.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Works well with limited supervision.
- Creative and independent problem-solver.
- Creative and adaptable to changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer and internet literacy, including Microsoft Office programs.
- A desire to educate, motivate, and support volunteers and individuals to accomplish successful events and fundraising goals.
- Ability to connect with and articulate NBTS’ mission to work with constituents at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Solid time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Travel required to meetings, events, donor visits requiring access to a car.
- Travel required 30% of the time.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires someone to sit for extended periods of time
- Talk on the phone and enter information into the computer for at least 70% of their day
- Stand for extended periods of time during an event weekend
- Lift 20lbs
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Majority of work performed remotely in a home office, but candidate must be based in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Travel is required up to 30% of the time. Travel will include supporting events along the Eastern region, with a specific focus in Philadelphia and Richmond, VA.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume – with job title in the subject line – to Ashley Brennan, Senior Director of Regional Development, East, at firstname.lastname@example.org