Reports To: Regional Director of Development, Mid -Atlantic Region
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: December 2016
Summary: To enhance the NBTS presence in the Mid -Atlantic Region, a strategic and creative individual with a background in event management as well demonstrated leadership in creating revenue opportunities is needed to; manage and grow a $150,000 walk in central NJ assist where needed with a $900,000 walk in PA and in addition, help manage a Regional Board, as well as create new revenue streams and or a new signature event for the region.
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Manage events including the NJ walk, assist with PA Walk when needed and create and manage a new event within the region as assigned by the Regional Director.
- Recruit and manage a Regional Advisory Board
- Hold 2 cultivation events a year in conjunction with the Regional Advisory Board
- Deliver superior volunteer service, support to constituents for the planning and implementation of assigned fundraising
- In collaboration with Regional Director, create and implement fundraising plans and strategies for current and new events.
- Strategically builds on existing corporate relationships and aligns NBTS with new corporate partners to foster new revenue streams
- Works with the Regional Director of Development to help identify opportunities for greater donor prospecting activities among the community event organizers and participants
- Educates and supports committee chairs and event committees to build knowledge of NBTS programs and mission, and increase participation and revenue.
- Collaborates with event chairs to execute successful event within budget.
- Works with Regional Directors administering annual fundraising plans and strategies; assisting with securing Sponsorships and underwriting; retaining volunteers and donors; recruiting new team captains and corporate teams; supporting committee chairs and members; and coordinating kick off meetings, orientations, debriefing meetings and recruitment events.
- Work closely with National Advancement Staff
Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s Degree required. Results-oriented professional with a minimum of three years of successful experience in fundraising, logistics, and community organizing and/or event management skills needed.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Exceptional customer service experience providing support to volunteer fundraisers. Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects efficiently and effectively in fast-paced work environment. Works well with limited supervision. Creative and independent problem-solver. Creative and adaptable to changing environment. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Computer and Internet literacy, and Microsoft Office programs. A desire to educate, motivate, and support volunteers and individuals to accomplish successful events and fundraising goals. Experience with donor database software programs and online fundraising platforms preferred. Ability to connect with and articulate NBTS mission to work with constituents at all levels and from various backgrounds. Solid time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines. Ability to juggle priorities simultaneously. Valid driver’s license required. Local travel required to meetings, events and donor visits requiring access to a car. Travel required 20% of the time.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Requires someone to sit for long periods of time
- Talk on the phone and enter information into the computer for at least 70% of their day
- Infrequent light physical effort required
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work performed in a home office environment
- Must live in CENTRAL NJ area
- Travel is required up to 20% of the time
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org