Job Title: Associate Regional Director of Development, Pacific West
Reports To: Regional Director of Development, Pacific West
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: March 2018
Summary: Manages assigned NBTS signature event program with an emphasis on volunteer management, fundraising, event planning and logistics. Liaises with event committees and Regional Director (Pac West) regarding event logistics, sponsorships, budgets, and all other moving parts of events. Works closely with the Regional Director (Pac West) and the Development team.
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in position of this class.
- Acts as the liaison to event within the region between event committee and Regional Director.
- Delivers superior customer service and support to constituents for the planning and implementation of assigned fundraising events.
- In collaboration with Regional Director, creates and implements fundraising plans and strategies for assigned events.
- Cultivates opportunities for third-party fundraising events within the region.
- Collaborates with Marketing Communications to ensure Development Directors have all materials needed by deadline.
- Works with the Regional Director to help identify opportunities for greater donor prospecting activities among event participants and constituents in their market(s).
- Manages internal activities related to the effective execution of signature events, including data and record-keeping, development of print and web-based resources and materials for event for participants that stay true to NBTS branding and messaging.
- Educates and supports event committees to build knowledge of NBTS programs and mission, while increasing participation and revenue.
- Collaborates with event committees to execute successful event within budget.
- Manages vendor relationships for all assigned events.
- Works with Accounting and Finance to manage event invoices, payments, deposits including procuring and tracking necessary event-related licenses, permits, certificates of insurance, site planning and management.
- Works with Regional Director administering annual fundraising plans and strategies; assisting with securing sponsorships and underwriting; retaining volunteers and donors; recruiting new friends and family teams and corporate teams; build, cultivate and support event committee; coordinate and implement recruitment events, orientations, debrief meetings, signature event and cultivation parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree required. Results-driven professional with a minimum of three years of successful experience in fundraising, logistics, community organizing and/or event management required.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Must be a self-starter. Exceptional customer service experience supporting volunteer fundraisers. Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced work environment. Works well with limited supervision. Creative and independent problem-solver. Creative and adaptable to changing environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer and internet literacy, and Microsoft Office programs. A desire to educate, motivate, and support volunteers and individuals to accomplish successful events and fundraising goals. Experience with donor database software programs and online fundraising platforms preferred. Ability to connect with and articulate NBTS mission to work with constituents at all levels and from various backgrounds. Solid time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines. Valid driver’s license is required. Travel required to meetings, events, donor visits requiring access to a car. Travel required 30% of the time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires someone to sit for extended periods of time
- Talk on the phone and enter information into the computer for at least 70% of their day
- Stand for extended periods of time during an event weekend
- Lift 20lbs
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work performed in a home office, but candidate must be based in the Portland area.
- Travel is required up to 30% of the time
- Travel will include supporting events in Portland, OR, Seattle, WA and Boise, ID
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org