Job Title: Digital Marketing Specialist
Reports to: National Director of Marketing Communication
National Brain Tumor Society is the largest non-profit organization solely dedicated to the brain tumor community in the United States. We are fiercely committed to our mission of finding better treatments, and ultimately a cure, for brain tumors. We’ve seen unprecedented progress and momentum to find better treatments. This is an exciting and deeply satisfying time to be part of an organization and Team that is so dedicated to change and a strong, recognized cause.
Digital Marketing Specialist
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for promoting our many fundraising events including walks, rides, runs and other events, through event website creation. The Marketing Specialist will build and execute on complex event websites, write content and marketing materials, build national promotional email and drip marketing campaigns, and engage with critical fundraising systems. The Marketing Specialist will support the organization’s use of marketing automation software, Luminate and Convio’s eCRM, Salesforce, WordPress, and social media tools. The person filling this role will be a point of contact between the development and the marketing communications Team as well as a key support component for regional event directors. This position is a member of the Advancement team and reports to the National Director of Marketing Communications.
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including events, communications, programs and development staff members, in order to build and support advancement campaigns.
- Build timelines for proactively executing on email campaigns and event website pages/content launches.
- Build event websites and backend Teamraisers for fundraising initiatives – test sites and preview/edit content and information.
- Code, design and thoroughly test custom email blasts intended for large and/or segmented target audiences (includes e-newsletters, news alerts and content emails, appeals, public policy and research developments).
- Build new webpages in WordPress, revise and build content, install and configure website “widgets” and functionality pieces to improve look, feel, and functionality of national website.
- Build and run website and email reports/analytics to measure and benchmark marketing effectiveness and growth.
- Build, resize, re-design digital photos in Photoshop.
- Help create, maintain and recommend email recipient groups for optimal segmentation and targeting – Salesforce and Luminate segmentation.
- Create and maintain team-based event websites and system configurations within Blackbaud’s Luminate Online platform.
- Configure and test websites and supporter microsites.
- Experience in mobile web technology, Google Adwords, and applications desired.
- Assist with management of multiple event and activity calendars
- Provide success metrics and reporting as needed
Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required from accredited academic institution, college or university.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in digital marketing or web-development in a marketing setting.
- Non-profit experience desired, but not required.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Luminate Online and CRM products, or other marketing automation/communication software packages such as Eloqua, Classy, or Marketo.
- Proficiency with a CRM data system such as Blackbaud Luminate CRM, Salesforce.
- Experience and strong understanding of HTML/CSS coding, especially for emails, eNewsletters and website/webpage coding and design.
- Experience in content management systems such as WordPress and online fundraising systems such as Luminate Online.
- Understanding of the concepts underlying conditionalized coding.
- Practical working experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service to internal stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills, both oral and written.
- Exemplary attention to detail and ability to manage multiple activities.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.