Job Title: Event Operations Associate
Start Date: July 1, 2018
Schedule: Full Time
National Brain Tumor Society is the largest non-profit organization solely dedicated to the brain tumor community in the United States. We are fiercely committed to our mission of finding better treatments, and ultimately a cure, for brain tumors. We’ve seen unprecedented progress and momentum to find better treatments. This is an exciting and deeply satisfying time to be part of an organization and team that is so dedicated to change and a strong, recognized cause. This position is based in Newton, MA.
A successful Event Operations Associate will be a dynamic individual with the unique ability to understand the special needs and best practices of both the Field and the Advancement Services departments. The Event Operations Associate will serve as a connector between the two departments, providing administrative and event-related support to the Regional Directors and Associate Directors of Development, Director of Community Events, and Director of Advancement Services. This position reports to the Director of Advancement Services.
Event Operations & Logistics (75%)
- Following each Signature Event, receive and organize all day-of event registrations and donations in a timely manner, and ensure that donations are processed in a timely manner.
- Assist with initial website construction and build out
- Order t-shirts and other promotional materials needed for events
- Assist with the coordination of vendor logistics and payments
- Assist with bulk mailings and post-event communications
- Assemble and mail event materials and promotional items to community events
- In collaboration with regional directors, identify and document event best practices to create an effective Signature Event training manual.
- Create event and participant reports for the 23 Signature Events:
o Day-of event participation reports
o T-shirt reports
o Team fundraising reports
- Assist the Regional Directors and Associate Directors in responding to requests from event participants, including but not limited to:
o Reassigning donations as directed by the donor
o Registering participants
o Changing a participants registration type
o Linking current teams to previous year’s teams
Administrative Support & Data Management (25%)
- Provide customer service through emails and phone calls, both inbound and outbound.
- During periods of peak activity, assist the Advancement Services department with event registration and donation processing
- Assist with the creation of Signature Event Dashboards and Volunteer Jobs as needed
- Enter vendor and sponsorship contacts, committee members, regional board members, and other data into Salesforce as needed
Education and Experience:BA or BS degree. Prior experience with event management, data entry and database management a plus. Non-profit/development experience a plus.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain a set 5-day/week schedule during normal office working hours.
- Excellent multitasking and organizational skills with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, to meet deadlines, to exercise good judgment and to take initiative within established procedures.
- Willingness to work with supervisor to identify possible areas for improvement in processes.
- Ability to work in an open and fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable doing outreach and spending time on the phone.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional demeanor and to adjust to various audiences.
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office. Salesforce and Luminate CRM experience preferred but not required.
National Brain Tumor Society (NBTS) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, NBTS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
NBTS expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of NBTS’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to Marisa Petrillo at email@example.com