Job Title: Revenue Accountant
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
National Brain Tumor Society is the largest non-profit organization solely dedicated to the brain tumor community in the United States. We are fiercely committed to our mission of finding better treatments, and ultimately a cure, for brain tumors. We’ve seen unprecedented progress and momentum to find better treatments. This is an exciting and deeply satisfying time to be part of an organization and Team that is so dedicated to change and a strong, recognized cause.
The Revenue Accountant ensures that all donations and cash activities are properly executed and recorded in the Organization’s Great Plains accounting system. They will work closely with the Advancement team to ensure that donations are processed accurately and deposited to the Organizations cash accounts. They will be involved in the transition from our current accounting software to a new, cloud-based platform. Specific duties will include:
- Daily recording of online, credit-card, and cash receipts into the accounting system after processing by Advancement department.
- Deposit all funds received into bank accounts.
- Daily review of all bank activity. Ensures proper recording of all transactions and investigates items with missing or incomplete information. Ensures Advancement team updates its records for such transactions so that donors may be thanked.
- Process and record transfers among NBTS accounts as directed by CFO.
- Work with Controller, CFO, Advancement, and field personnel identify and record all in-kind donations.
- Process all stock donations, including computation of income, realized, and unrealized gains. Ensure Advancement is made aware of all such donations.
- Reconcile revenue reported in Great Plains to Salesforce and other systems.
- Own process of filing all state and local registrations. Work with third-party processor to update information regarding Board members, financial data, etc.
- Ensure financial data is reported to national charity websites, including Charity Navigator and Guidestar.
Key attributes to be successful in this role:
- Tenacity and intellectual curiosity – ability to track down details when data is incomplete.
- Willingness to learn in an environment that’s changing for the better.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a deadline-driven department.
- An ability to streamline/improve processes
- Analytical and data-driven
- Passion for our mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum 2-5 years of accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Profiencient in Excel. Familiarity with Pivot Tables and advanced functions (VLOOKUP) helpful.