Summary: National Brain Tumor Society is the largest non-profit organization solely dedicated to the global brain tumor community. We are fiercely committed to our mission of finding better treatments, and ultimately a cure, for brain tumors. We’ve seen unprecedented progress and momentum to find better treatments. This is an exciting and deeply satisfying time to be part of an organization that is so dedicated to change and a strong, recognized mission.
The Website & Marketing Operations Specialist is responsible for promoting our many fundraising events including walks, rides, runs and other events, through event website creation. This marketing person will build and execute on complex event websites, write content and email materials, build national promotional emails and drip marketing campaigns, and engage with critical fundraising systems. The Marketing Operations Specialist will support the organization’s use of marketing automation Luminate and Teamraiser software, Salesforce, and WordPress, and should be adept at Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics and Google Analytics reporting. The person filling this role will be a technical point of contact between the development and marketing communications Team as well as a key support component for regional event directors. This position is a member of the Marketing Communications Team and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including events, communications, programs and development staff members, in order to build and support development campaigns.
- Build timelines for proactively executing on email campaigns and event website pages/content launches.
- Build event websites and backend Teamraisers for fundraising initiatives – test sites and preview/edit content and information.
- Code, design and thoroughly test custom email blasts intended for large and/or segmented target audiences (includes e-newsletters, news alerts and content emails, appeals, public policy and research developments).
- Build new webpages in WordPress, revise and build content, install and configure website “widgets” and functionality pieces to improve look, feel, and functionality of national website.
- Build and run website and email reports/analytics to measure and benchmark marketing effectiveness and growth.
- Configure, manage/monitor, and share Google Analytics reports on national webpages.
- Configure and set up SEO and Google Analytics tracking on all web pages.
- Build, resize, re-design digital photos in Photoshop as needed.
- Help create, maintain and recommend email recipient groups for optimal segmentation and targeting – Salesforce and Luminate segmentation.
- Create and maintain team-based event websites and system configurations within Blackbaud’s Luminate Online platform.
- Configure and test websites and supporter microsites.
- Provide success metrics and reporting as needed
Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required from accredited academic institution, college or university.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in web page-development and marketing operations/email marketing.
- Non-profit experience desired, but not required.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills.
- Experience and strong understanding of HTML/CSS coding, especially for emails, eNewsletters and website/webpage coding and design.
- Experience with Convio’s Luminate Online and CRM products, or other marketing automation/communication software packages such as Eloqua.
- Experience in content management systems such as WordPress and online fundraising systems.
- Google Analytics configuration and reporting experience desired. Web-based SEO knowledge also a big plus.
- Understanding of the concepts underlying conditionalized coding.
- Practical working experience with Photoshop.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service to internal stakeholders.
- Exemplary attention to detail and ability to manage multiple activities at the same time.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Requires someone to sit for long periods of time
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work performed in an office environment.
- Travel required 5% of the time
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com