Reports To: Sr. Director of Regional Development, P2P
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: September 2021
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Brain Tumor Society (NBTS) unrelentingly invests in, mobilizes and unites our community to discover a cure, deliver effective treatments, and advocate for patients and their care partners. NBTS is a leading policy advocacy and research organization as well as a convener of brain tumor research leaders including industry, regulators, funders, clinician researchers and patient advocates. The organization also delivers timely information and support to patients and families. Through collaborative leadership with partners, our results include paradigm shifting research discoveries, increased federal funding for brain tumor research, innovative new clinical trials, opportunities for entrepreneurship and venture philanthropy to benefit brain tumor research, and empowering collaborative advocacy that results in reforms and advances to health care and the development of treatments.
While we have seen significant progress in terms of scientific understanding of brain tumor biology, we are unsatisfied with the status quo of today’s treatment options. NBTS is committed to investment in new ideas and research poised to incent the development and realization of treatments that dramatically increase survival and quality of life for patients.
Join a collaborative, and relentlessly results driven development team as we carry out our mission of conquering and curing brain tumors—once and for all. The Associate Director of Regional Development will oversee assigned regions (NJ/NY), projects, and Signature peer-to-peer events with an emphasis on donor and volunteer recruitment, engagement and management. This position works to ensure a positive volunteer experience through appropriate recruitment, recognition, retention and succession. There is a strong emphasis placed on developing a diverse volunteer leadership group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Responsible for achieving team P2P fundraising goals;
- Oversees assigned event expenses and vendor contracts as directed by Sr. DoRD;
- Provides strategic assessment for assigned markets, volunteer engagement, and event sustainability and growth;
- Manages and cultivates assigned donor prospect portfolio;
- Acts as primary lead for assigned events and projects, including collaborating with volunteers to achieve P2P fundraising goals within budget while delivering superior volunteer service and support to constituents;
- Collaborates across NBTS teams (MarComms, Community/Govt, Corporate, Research, Finance) to ensure an integrative approach to volunteer engagement and communications;
- Works to identify opportunities for greater donor prospecting activities among teams and individual supporters;
- Educates and supports committee chairs and event committees to build knowledge of NBTS programs and mission, and increase participation and revenue;
- Researches, identifies, and recommends a range of philanthropic and marketing-related strategies, ensuring that NBTS’ engagement with external partners remains aligned with our core values;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Results-oriented professional with 3-5 years of successful experience in nonprofit peer-to-peer fundraising, logistics, and community organizing and/or project/event management skills needed.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to meet fundraising goals, to plan development strategies, and to interact effectively with a wide range of constituents.
- Ability to work cooperatively and cross functionally, and to communicate effectively in a virtual team environment.
- Experience and strength in recruiting, training, and cultivating and sustaining volunteer leadership.
- Strong knowledge of the NYC and New Jersey regions.
- Knowledge of the the local health communities is a plus.
- Ability to think strategically and execute plans to completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize work and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to work independently and manage schedule, time and priorities.
- Proven flexibility to effectively respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Ability to use data to analyze goals, budgets, and projections and advise Sr. DoRD on market sustainability and growth.
- Strong computer competency, including all MS Office and data-gathering tools; familiarity with events platforms and Salesforce or equivalent fundraising and constituent relationship management software (CRM).
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Remote (core hours 9:00am to 5:00pm EST, primary work location must be in NY or NJ and work performed virtually in a home office environment.
- Valid driver’s license required. Local travel required to meetings, events and donor visits requiring access to a car.
- Requires someone to sit for long periods of time.
- Talk on the phone and enter information into the computer for at least 70% of their day.
- Travel is required up to 25% of the time.
NBTS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.