2020 ANNUAL REPORT
In a year like no other, the brain tumor community came together to keep our work moving toward a cure and better quality of life for patients. We learned many things from 2020, but most of all how resilient NBTS volunteers, board members, advocates, and supporters are, and how dedicated they are to our mission. Read the 2020 Annual Report to learn about major advancements you helped make possible:
- We launched new, promising research projects focused on pediatrics and adults.
- We virtually gathered with neuro-oncology leaders across major hospitals, the NIH, the FDA, and biopharmas to develop action plans to enable clinical trials to continue and telemedicine to improve.
- The NBTS-supported GBM AGILE clinical trial program expanded, giving more patients an opportunity for survival.
- We virtually mobilized thousands across the country during Brain Tumor Awareness Month, Head to the Hill, and Glioblastoma Awareness Day.
- We helped keep brain tumor clinical trials open through timely convening and partnership with FDA.
- We increased federal funding for brain tumor research, and our advocacy resulted in a new program for Glioblastoma research.
- We successfully advocated for the enactment of the Clinical Treatment Act, which expands health insurance coverage for Medicaid eligible brain tumor patients on clinical trials.
- We hosted monthly virtual Brain Tumor Support Conversations led by volunteers, and shared timely brain tumor-specific resources to help patients understand the impact of COVID-19 on their lives and treatment.
You and all those who you engaged in 2020 to advance our mission inspire us and are propelling us forward. Thank you!