As a runner obtaining a bib to the 2022 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon and 10-Mile through the National Brain Tumor Society, you agree to raise a minimum of $750 through personal donations, sponsorships, and other strategies to benefit the National Brain Tumor Society.
Fundraising Deadline Details:
On this form, team members will be required to provide credit card information to secure his/her/their bib and to ensure that his/her/their minimum fundraising commitment is honored. Should the runner not fulfill his/her/their fundraising commitment by raising the funds or providing the funds personally through a valid credit card by the final deadline, the individual will not be able to pick up his/her/their bib at the expo and/or will not be able to take part in the 2022 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon and 10-Mile. The below deadlines are a tool to help team members plan ahead and be successful in this area
- 1st Fundraising Deadline – Monday, August 29, 2022:
$375 reflected on personal fundraising page
- 2nd Fundraising Deadline – Monday, September 26, 2022:
$750 reflected on personal fundraising page
WAIVER, RELEASE & FUNDRAISING AGREEMENT
In accepting entry, I hereby claim responsibility for myself, and waive and release any and all rights to claim for damages, losses, costs, expenses, injuries, and liabilities from or in connection with my participation in the 2022 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon and 10-Mile in support of the National Brain Tumor Society.
- I am an adult 18-years or older registering myself as a 2022 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon and 10-Mile participant. I assume all responsibility for any and all damages to or theft of personal property, or any bodily injury (including death) that may occur to me and further I assume all responsibility for property damage and bodily injury (including death) that I may cause to others, in each case arising or resulting from, incident from, incident to, or as a consequence of, in connection to training for, the participation in, and all events leading up to the 2022 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon and 10-Mile.
- I, for myself and my heirs, executors, and administrators, release, indemnify, hold harmless from, and waive all claims, damages and rights of action, present or future, whether the same be known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, foreseen or unforeseen, arising or resulting from, incident to or as a consequence of participation in the event, which I may now or hereafter have against the National Brain Tumor Society, the cities and towns along the route, and/or the event’s sponsors, vendors, and volunteers, including but not limited to the National Brain Tumor Society, its affiliates, predecessors, successors and assigns, event venues, and the respective trustees, directors, managers, members, shareholders, employees, representatives and agents of any and all of the foregoing, WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING IN ANY WAY, I INTEND THIS TO BE A GENERAL WAIVER OF ANY AND ALL CLAIMS WHICH ARE IN ANY WAY RELATED TO PARTICIPATION IN THIS EVENT. Additionally, I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Twin Cities In Motion, its officers, employees, and agents, from and against any liability, loss, or expense in connection with any claims.
- I understand that participating in and training for this event is a hazardous activity and I attest and certify that I am physically capable and properly trained to participate in this event.
- I grant full permission to the National Brain Tumor Society to use my name, photos, video, voice, and/or likeness from any of my activities leading up to, during or after the 2022 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon and 10-Mile in any medium, including broadcasts, telecasts, email campaigns, social media of any kind, advertising promotions, in-house publications, photographs, videos or other accounts of this event or my effort in this event at any point going forward. I also grant NBTS the rights to use or repurpose any content posted on my 2022 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon and 10-Mile fundraising page for the organization’s use, and I give NBTS the right to repost, repurpose, use or share any content connected to my 2022 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon and 10-Mile effort posted on social media by me or those in my social network. I also grant NBTS the ability to use any content provided in my application.
- I understand that all donations accepted by NBTS and/or processed to my fundraising page are non transferable (unless allowed by Twin Cities In Motion and NBTS) and non refundable should I not participate in the event, if the event is moved to virtual or if I decide to become a virtual participant, or if the event is canceled.
- I accept the fundraising deadline details listed on this document ($375 reflected on my fundraising page by Monday, August 29, 2022 and $750 reflected on my fundraising page by Monday, September 26, 2022), and I agree to have the card on this form charged should I not meet any of the listed fundraising commitments. I agree to provide a valid credit card with an expiration date after October 17, 2022, and I understand that if the provided card becomes invalid or is unable to be processed for any reason, I will provide a valid and updated card to the National Brain Tumor Society to keep on file for the corresponding dates tied to my $750 fundraising minimum commitment. I grant NBTS the ability to charge a refundable $5 if testing the card is deemed necessary.
- Should I not fulfill my fundraising commitment by raising the funds or by providing the funds personally through a valid credit card by each of the fundraising deadlines, I agree to forfeit access to my bib and understand I will not be reimbursed for fees paid or costs incurred and all donations will be nonrefundable.
- If I plan to use matching gifts to meet an upcoming fundraising deadline, I agree to provide proof of the company’s intent to pay the matching gift two weeks (14 days) prior to the fundraising deadline. If I have concerns with meeting one of the set fundraising deadlines, I agree to have a conversation with a member of the NBTS Gray Nation Endurance staff two weeks (14 days) days prior to the deadline of concern.
- I understand the funds raised for my 2022 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon and 10-Mile experience cannot be carried over to a different Gray Nation Endurance effort. If I choose to apply for or join a new Gray Nation Endurance charity team outside of my accepted 2022 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon and 10-Mile status, I will need to fulfill that new fundraising requirement as set by NBTS.
- I agree to register with the race directly based on the requirements and standards set by Twin Cities in Motion for the 2022 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon and 10-Mile, and I agree to pay any fees set by the race during the race registration process. I understand that failure to register with the race during the required registration period is not the fault of the National Brain Tumor Society or NBTS staff, and I will be held to the fundraising commitment. I understand that all fees are non refundable and non transferable unless allowed by Twin Cities In Motion and NBTS.
- I understand that any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19, and corresponding variants, and NBTS cannot guarantee that I will not be exposed while training for, traveling to, or in attendance at the 2022 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon and 10-Mile. By attending this or any in-person Twin Cities In Motion events or Gray Nation Endurance team events, I voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. The National Brain Tumor Society is not responsible for the health and safety of this event or any events in affiliation of this event, and I understand I should follow the laws and safety policies of my local and state government as well as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). I agree to adhere to the safety guidelines, procedures, and protocols set forth by Twin Cities In Motion if I participate in the in-person event. I understand that the Twin Cities In Motion COVID-19 policy and requirements are subject to change and may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination in the future in order to participate in the 2022 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon and 10-Mile. I agree to abide by and follow the guidelines and policies the race requires or implements now and in the future. I understand this event and policy information from Twin Cities In Motion is subject to change. Should I not be able or willing to comply with the race’s requirements and a replacement is not found or allowed at that time, I agree to be held to the fundraising commitment and all donations or fees are non refundable or transferable.
- I accept that team offerings are subject to change, and NBTS reserves the right to change or edit offerings at any time.
- I understand the 2022 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon and 10-Mile is subject to change based on the race’s decision to host a virtual, hybrid, or in-person race experience. I understand that if the Twin Cities In Motion proceeds with the event in a virtual or hybrid capacity and/or a reduced field size, I am not guaranteed to participate in-person and I agree to the future processes and determinations for how the in-person runners will be selected.
- I agree to all rules and decisions made by the race organizers, their partners, and the National Brain Tumor Society for the 2022 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon and 10-Mile, and I understand that I cannot transfer my bib to another individual. If I am no longer willing or able to participate in the 2022 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon and 10-Mile and another individual cannot be found in time to replace me or if it is not allowed by NBTS or Twin Cities In Motion at the time in question, I understand I am committed to fulfill my $750 fundraising commitment to the National Brain Tumor Society.
- I agree to use the fundraising platform as directed by NBTS to raise the funds associated with my fundraising commitment, and I agree to do my best to wear National Brain Tumor Society or Gray Nation Endurance branded running gear on race day, either during the race or after the race.
- I attest that I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document and that I have read and understood it, and I agree to abide by all the terms and conditions detailed.