As a runner obtaining a bib to the 2022 TCS New York City Marathon through the National Brain Tumor Society’s Gray Nation Endurance™ Team, you agree to raise a minimum of $3,000 through personal donations, sponsorships, and other strategies to benefit the National Brain Tumor Society. In addition to committing to this fundraising minimum, you will be required to pay the runner registration fee ($255 for NYRR Members, $295 for non-members, or $358 for non-US Residents – this is subject to change by NYRR).
Fundraising Deadline Details:
On this form, team members will be required to provide credit card information to secure his/her/their bib and to ensure that his/her/their minimum fundraising commitment is honored. Should the runner not fulfill his/her/their fundraising commitment by raising the funds or providing the funds personally through a valid credit card by the final deadline, the individual will not be able to pick up his/her/their bib at the expo and/or will not be able to take part in the 2022 TCS New York City Marathon. The below deadlines are a tool to help team members plan ahead and be successful in this area of the 2022 TCS New York City Marathon.
- Fundraising Deadline 1 – Monday, September 5, 2022
$1,500 reflected on personal fundraising page
- Fundraising Deadline 1 – Monday, October 31, 2022
$3,000 reflected on personal fundraising page
WAIVER, RELEASE, AND FUNDRAISING AGREEMENT
In accepting entry, I hereby claim responsibility for myself, and waive and release any and all rights to claim for damages, losses, costs, expenses, injuries, and liabilities from or in connection with my participation in the 2022 TCS New York City Marathon in support of the National Brain Tumor Society.
- I am an adult 18-years or older registering myself as a 2022 TCS New York City Marathon participant. I assume all responsibility for any and all damages to or theft of personal property, or any bodily injury (including death) that may occur to me and further I assume all responsibility for property damage and bodily injury (including death) that I may cause to others, in each case arising or resulting from, incident from, incident to, or as a consequence of, in connection to training for, the participation in, and all events, official or unofficial, part of and leading up to the 2022 TCS New York City Marathon.
- I, for myself and my heirs, executors, and administrators, release, indemnify, hold harmless from, and waive all claims, damages and rights of action, present or future, whether the same be known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, foreseen or unforeseen, arising or resulting from, incident to or as a consequence of participation in the event, which I may now or hereafter have against the National Brain Tumor Society, the cities and towns along the route, and/or the event’s sponsors, vendors, and volunteers, including but not limited to the National Brain Tumor Society, its affiliates, predecessors, successors and assigns, event venues, and the respective trustees, directors, managers, members, shareholders, employees, representatives and agents of any and all of the foregoing, WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING IN ANY WAY, I INTEND THIS TO BE A GENERAL WAIVER OF ANY AND ALL CLAIMS WHICH ARE IN ANY WAY RELATED TO PARTICIPATION IN THIS EVENT. Additionally, I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the New York Road Runners (NYRR), its officers, employees, and agents, from and against any liability, loss, or expense in connection with any claims.
- I understand that participating in and training for this event is a hazardous activity and I attest and certify that I am physically capable and properly trained to participate in this event.
- I grant full permission to the National Brain Tumor Society to use my name, photos, video, voice, and/or likeness from any of my activities leading up to, during or after the 2022 TCS New York City Marathon in any medium, including broadcasts, telecasts, social media of any kind, advertising promotions, in-house publications, emails, photographs, videos or other accounts of this event or my effort in this event at any point going forward. I also grant NBTS the rights to use or repurpose any content posted on my 2022 TCS New York City Marathon fundraising page for the organization’s use, and I give NBTS the right to repost, repurpose, use or share any content connected to my 2022 TCS New York City Marathon effort posted on social media by me or those in my social network. I also grant NBTS the ability to use any content provided in my application.
- I understand that all donations accepted by NBTS and/or processed to my fundraising page are non transferable (unless allowed by NYRR and NBTS) and non refundable should I not participate in the event, if the event is postponed, if the event is moved to virtual or if I decide to become a virtual participant, or if the event is canceled.
- I accept the fundraising deadline details listed on this document, and I agree to have the card on this form charged should I not meet any of the listed fundraising deadlines or commitments. I agree to provide a valid credit card with an expiration date after November 14, 2022, and I understand that if the provided card becomes invalid or is unable to be processed for any reason, I will provide a valid and updated card to the National Brain Tumor Society to keep on file for the corresponding dates tied to my $3,000 fundraising minimum commitment. I grant NBTS the ability to charge a refundable $5 if testing the card is deemed necessary.
- Should I not fulfill my fundraising commitment by raising the funds or by providing the funds personally through a valid credit card by each of the fundraising deadlines, I agree to forfeit access to my bib and understand I will not be reimbursed for fees paid or costs incurred, and all donations will be nonrefundable.
- If I plan to use matching gifts to meet an upcoming fundraising deadline, I agree to provide proof of the company’s intent to pay the matching gift two weeks (14 days) prior to the fundraising deadline. If I have concerns with meeting one of the set fundraising deadlines, I agree to have a conversation with a member of the NBTS Gray Nation Endurance staff two weeks (14 days) days prior to the deadline of concern.
- I understand the funds raised for my 2022 TCS New York City Marathon experience cannot be carried over to a different Gray Nation Endurance effort. If I choose to apply for or join a new Gray Nation Endurance charity team outside of my accepted 2022 TCS New York City Marathon status, I will need to fulfill that new fundraising requirement as set by NBTS.
- I agree to register with the race directly based on the requirements and standards set by NYRR for the 2022 TCS New York City Marathon, and I agree to pay any fees set by the race during the race registration process. I understand that it is my responsibility to register for the race during the required registration period and that failure to register with the race during the required registration period is not the fault of the National Brain Tumor Society or NBTS staff, and I will be held to the fundraising commitment. I understand that all fees are non refundable and non transferable unless allowed by NYRR.
- I understand the updated NYRR Covid-19 now requires all adults taking part in any 2022 NYRR hosted events and programs to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. By joining NBTS’s Gray Nation Endurance Team, I agree to abide by all NYRR Covid-19 related policies. I understand this event and policy information from NYRR is subject to change. I understand that any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19 and corresponding variants, and NBTS cannot guarantee that I will not be exposed while training for, traveling to, or in attendance at the 2022 TCS New York City Marathon. By attending this or any in-person TCS New York City Marathon race events or Gray Nation Endurance team events, I voluntarily assume all risks for both myself and any guests related to exposure to COVID-19. The National Brain Tumor Society is not responsible for the health and safety of this event or any events in affiliation to this event, and I understand I should follow the laws and safety policies of my local and state government as well as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- I accept that team offerings are subject to change, and NBTS reserves the right to change or edit offerings at any time.
- I agree to all rules and decisions made by the race organizers, their partners, and the National Brain Tumor Society for the 2022 TCS New York City Marathon, and I understand that I cannot transfer my bib to another individual. If I am no longer able to participate in the 2022 TCS New York City Marathon and another individual cannot be found in time to replace me or if it is not allowed by NBTS or NYRR by the time I would like to drop, I understand I am committed to fulfill my $3,000 fundraising commitment to the National Brain Tumor Society.
- I agree to use the fundraising platform as directed by NBTS to raise the funds associated with my fundraising commitment, and I agree to do my best to wear National Brain Tumor Society or Gray Nation Endurance branded running gear on race day, either during the race or after the race.
- I attest that I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document and that I have read and understood it, and I agree to abide by all the terms and conditions detailed.