Join the National Brain Tumor Society’s Gray Nation by selecting a race or endurance activity of your choice to celebrate a survivor, pay tribute to a family member or friend who battled a brain tumor, or make an overall difference in the fight against brain tumors. Fundraise and participate in your race or activity as an individual or get a team together to create a deeper impact.
- Celebrate a survivor
- Pay tribute to a family member or friend
- Honor someone fighting
- Put meaning behind your miles and make an overall difference in the fight against brain tumors
“Every step I take with training & racing, I take with me my parents memories & the battle they fought for this awful disease.”
– Kelly Malzewski, 2018 Hennepin 100 Gray Nation
HOW to get involved:
Apply for an NBTS Charity Team bib:
- 2020 New Balance Falmouth Road Race
Date: August 16, 2020
Status: Accepting Applications! | View Team Fundraising Page
We are now accepting applications for the National Brain Tumor Society’s 2020 New Balance Falmouth Road Race team. To apply, please fill out the online application and email CommunityEvents@braintumor.org to confirm your application was received.
- 2020 TCS New York City Marathon
Date: November 1, 2020
Status: Accepting Waitlist Applications | View Team Fundraising Page
NBTS is now accepting runners who have secured a bib and applications for our waitlist to participate on the National Brain Tumor Society’s 2020 TCS New York City Marathon team. To apply with a secured bib or for our waitlist, please fill out the online application and email CommunityEvents@braintumor.org to confirm your application was received.
- 2020 Boston Marathon
Date: September 14, 2020
Status: Charity spots filled | View Team Fundraising Page
NBTS is currently accepting runners who have secured a bib to the 2020 Boston Marathon. To join the team, submit an online application and a staff member will contact you to confirm your participation. Please contact CommunityEvents@braintumor.org with any questions.
- 2020 United Airlines NYC Half
Date: March 15, 2020
Status: Applications Closed | View Team Fundraising Page
Due to COVID-19, the 2020 NYC Half, scheduled for Sunday, March 15, has been canceled by the New York Road Runners.
The National Brain Tumor Society is grateful for the incredible training and fundraising that was put forth by each member of our Gray Nation NYC Half team throughout the season, and we truly appreciate each individual’s commitment to our mission to serve the brain tumor community. While the event has been canceled, please know that we are so proud to have these team members as part of Gray Nation Endurance.
- 2019 Medtronic Twin Cities 10-Miler/Marathon
Date: October 6, 2019
Status: Race completed | View Team Fundraising Page
Congratulations to all our team members who completed the 2019 Medtronic Twin Cities 10-Mile and Marathon. This year’s team raised over $21,900 in support of the National Brain Tumor Society. If you’re interested in being put on a waitlist for more information about future Twin Cities 10-Mile or Marathon events with NBTS, please email CommunityEvents@braintumor.org.
Choose an Endurance Event of Your Choice:
- Decide on your race/endurance event or activity
If you’re participating in an officially organized race, secure your bib directly with the race.
- Let us know you’re joining the Gray Nation
Submit your Gray Nation Endurance Interest Form and we will reach out to kick off your Gray Nation efforts.
- Create an individual or team fundraising page through NBTS
Click here to set up your Gray Nation Fundraising page and select the “Become a Fundraiser” button to get started.
- Start fundraising and training
- Raise $250 on your personal page to receive the official Gray Nation Endurance race shirt. Fundraising as a team? Raise $250 per team member on your team page to ensure all team members receive the official Gray Nation Endurance race shirt.
- Raise $500 or more to receive a post-event celebratory gift – a NBTS water bottle!
– Alan Snow, 2018 Boston Marathon Gray Nation Team